Ash's Bookshelf

Ash's Bookshelf

Black Beauty
Pride and Prejudice
Little House in the Big Woods
King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
Old Yeller
The Luckiest Girl
Where the Red Fern Grows
A Wrinkle in Time
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Good Night, Mr. Tom
War Horse
Dear Mr. Henshaw
Flush
All About Sam
Number the Stars
Absolutely Normal Chaos
The Giver
Walk Two Moons
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Saving Shiloh


adighe17's favorite books »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Collaborating Constructively with my Lit Circle Partner

1.The benefits of working with a classmate.
There are a few benefits of working with a classmate. A few of them are we can help each other, give each other our opinion and help point out mistakes that they might have made. By helping each other, all the work gets done on time and correctly. My partner and I both helped each other with the passages, questions, answers and connections (vocabulary isn't that difficult). Giving each other our opinion helps because now we know what somebody else thinks. For example; for our questions, we can give our opinion on which level we think the question and we can help them make the question a higher level. If we help each other by pointing out mistakes, it will make our work more clear and that will help both of us get a better grade. I think that working with a classmate on lit circles is better than working alone.
2. Challenges / obstacles which you overcame (tried to overcome).
A few difficult parts of the lit circle that I became better at are the questions and the passages. Before I had my partner, my passages were only 1-2 sentances long and my reason to choosing the passage wasn't very clear. My questions were level 1, sometimes level 2. My partner was really good at the questions and the passages so she helped me.  Something I think I still need to work on is the answer because my answer isn't long enough and there isn't enough green but a little too much red. Also, for the connections, I think I need to write a little more about the book and less about my life. These are some things that I need to work on and have become better in.
3. New understandings that you gained about the novel
While working with my parter, some confusing things in the story now make sense. While my partner and I worked together to complete the literature circle, we asked each other about their opinion. When my partner tells me why she thinks something happened or why this character did that, it helps me understand the book better than I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment