Ash's Bookshelf

Ash's Bookshelf

Black Beauty
Pride and Prejudice
Little House in the Big Woods
King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
Old Yeller
The Luckiest Girl
Where the Red Fern Grows
A Wrinkle in Time
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Good Night, Mr. Tom
War Horse
Dear Mr. Henshaw
Flush
All About Sam
Number the Stars
Absolutely Normal Chaos
The Giver
Walk Two Moons
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Saving Shiloh


adighe17's favorite books »

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle - Literature Circle Reflection

1. How you discussion helped your understanding of the novel.

Our discussion helped me to understand the book because I got to hear other people's understanding of the book. When I know what other people are thinking, I try imagining the story that way. When I think of the novel in a different point of view, somethings make a little more sense then they did before. I think that the discussion helped me to understand the novel much better because during the discussion, we also discussed why we think the characters did what they did in the story. This helped me because sometimes, I have no idea why the character did what he/she did. When everyone in the group gives their opinion I think of which one sounds the most realistic. I think that our discussion helped me understand the novel much better.
2. Connections that you made during your discussion
Some connections that I made during the discussion were when other people were reading out their connections to the story. I would hear what they have to say and it usually reminds me about something that happened to me before. Another time that I made connections during our discussion is when we were doing the passage, I would turn to the page and read the passage, while reading I can usually easily think of a time when something simmilar happened to me, I read about something simmilar or saw something simmilar happen

3. Predictions
I think that in future discussions, we will do a better job to stay focused. I think that there was a litte bit of a confussion about how long a passage needs to be and about level 1, 2 and 3 questions. I think that in future discussions, before we start we should give someone the job to keep the discussion moving because whenever we make a connection during the discussion we are really eager to tell our story about our connection and when the story is over someone else tells a story and we never finish our discussion. I think that we need to all stay focused during the whole discussion and someone in our group needs to stay calmer. If we change these things about our group's discussion I think we could have a very positive discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment