Ash's Bookshelf

Ash's Bookshelf

Black Beauty
Pride and Prejudice
Little House in the Big Woods
King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
Old Yeller
The Luckiest Girl
Where the Red Fern Grows
A Wrinkle in Time
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Good Night, Mr. Tom
War Horse
Dear Mr. Henshaw
Flush
All About Sam
Number the Stars
Absolutely Normal Chaos
The Giver
Walk Two Moons
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Saving Shiloh


adighe17's favorite books »

Monday, January 10, 2011

My New Years Resolution and Christmas holiday

I have a few resolutions for 2011. I think that by making these resolutions my life will be much better.
I don't think I am very organized and I don't concentrate for more than a few minutes. One of my resolutions for 2011 is too have all my work done before I start chatting and watching TV. I also want to make sure that I have a clean and organized desk at home and lockers in school. I think that this is an important resolution to make because if I can become organized and get all of my work done on time I will have much more free time to do other fun things.

My other resolution is to be more nice and friendly towards people. I think that I need to be nicer and more friendly with people (including my sister, unfortunately) because according to people I am not an adorable little angel. I think that if I was nicer to people I might have more fun with them and they would also be much happier. I think that this is an important resolution because if I do end up moving again after I finish the grade being nice to people will be important in a new school.

Another of my new years resolutions are to stop biting my nails because ever since I was a baby I have had a bad habit of biting things. I want to stop biting my nails because if I continue to bite my nails they will look really really ugly and I cannot have fun painting them. I think that this is important because I do not want to have ugly, short and chewed up nails for the rest of my life.



This Christmas my family went to Sri Lanka and then India for a while. In Sri Lanka we stayed in environmentally safe resorts and we also spent a lot of time at the beach. At the first beach we went to we were not allowed to go into the water because of something to do with the coral. The second place we went to had no beach but the pool was really fun. In the second place we went to (Yala) we also went on a Safari type thing to see if we are lucky enough to spot a leopard or maybe even a bear. We got up early and got into the open roofed jeep. We were just coming out of the mud and into the corner of a small lake when we saw 4 leopards all sitting together. We were the first to see more than 2 leopards together in years!!

After we left Yala we went to another place and we had a great time surfing. The place that we stayed in had brilliant weather from around 8 am - 4.30 pm but from after 4. 30 it rains and gets a little cold because of the wind. We spent Christmas in Talalla (3rd Place) and on Christmas they had a really great dinner with a band playing Christmas music on Sri Lankan Instruments. We had a great time on Christmas. After a few days we went to Colombo to celebrate my mom's birthday in a fancy restoraunt. Then, the day after my mom's birthday we left for India.

We reached the airport early and just relaxed for a while. Then we went to the check in counter and we found out that my dad left his indian visa at home in KL so he would have to go back to KL to get it. Mom, Tanisha and I went to India by ourselves and Dad came two days later. In India we did a lot of shopping. We bought shoes, clothes, hair stuff and the coolest colors of nail polish!(I think that the shopping in India is much better that KLCC and in bombay they have very few real malls). Oh, and we also got our hair done. Once my dad came to India we went to visit his parents who are visiting India for a while (they live somewhere in Britin).

At my dad's parents house in Puna, we went to a temple on the 31st and on the first we had a HUGE family get together. There were 145 people there and there was a lady who was almost 100! (my grandpa's big sister)I had fun in Puna. After Puna we went to Ahmedabad where we had another get together but from my mom's side of the family. I had a great time meeting all my relatives. I had a wonderful Christmas holiday in India and Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment