Ash's Bookshelf

Ash's Bookshelf

Black Beauty
Pride and Prejudice
Little House in the Big Woods
King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
Old Yeller
The Luckiest Girl
Where the Red Fern Grows
A Wrinkle in Time
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Good Night, Mr. Tom
War Horse
Dear Mr. Henshaw
Flush
All About Sam
Number the Stars
Absolutely Normal Chaos
The Giver
Walk Two Moons
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Saving Shiloh


adighe17's favorite books »

Friday, November 18, 2011

Profile FF (Fantastically Fabulous)

I learn best when I’m sitting in the middle, slightly to the right of the classroom and facing the teacher. If I can see the board I can remember things better. When my teachers are telling me things I find it easier if I can take notes about what’s happening that way I can review the notes later on. I enjoy learning from short movies and videos so I can see and hear what’s going on. I am left brained (logical) and visual. I need a deadline for everything, that way I can actually get work done and rules and written down instructions help a lot too.

Working in small groups of two or three is how I enjoy working best. I don’t have to do all the work alone, but there aren’t too many people that I am forced to rely on. Two to three people aren’t difficult to manage and that way we can all work on a separate piece of the project and somehow when we put all our separate pieces together we can get our final project.

When I look at a painting, or read a story I usually notice and remember small details more than the big image. I can get all the ideas and every little detail in my head, but when I need to express them all on paper I feel stuck. I find it difficult to get my ideas and thoughts out of my head and into my work. I also find it difficult to manage my time and stay on task when I’m working alone. I feel like I can work in nearly any location, I don’t need a quiet desk in the corner to work… in fact I actually enjoy working in different environments.

I personally think that I’m pretty even on both sides of my brain. My gestalt and logical sides are nearly equally as strong as each other so I don’t think it’s too difficult for me to learn and work in any type of environment with all types of people. I do notice that when I’m learning or working I think first before I contribute any ideas to the discussion. I also find that when I’m under a time limit or under pressure I usually see my best work coming out then. If I’m given all the time I need and there’s no pressure I leave the work pending forever and ever.

I’m a profile FF, this means that my dominant eye is my right eye, my dominant ear is my left and so is my dominant hand and foot. I find it easiest to work and learn when I’m sitting slightly to the right of the classroom, that way my right eye is facing the board and my left ear is facing the teacher. Sitting slightly to the right of the classroom and facing the board is also great so that I don’t need to keep on turning back and forth to right because I’m right handed.

I think that I would like my teachers to know that I have trouble keeping track of how much time I’ve got and I do end up rushing most projects and assignments. I need a deadline or I’ll keep on leaving that piece of work to finish ‘later’ and I work much better if I’m given a rubric so I know what details I need to work on most. If I have a list of instructions or rules that I can read (see) I’ll be able to complete my work and learn much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment