Ash's Bookshelf

Ash's Bookshelf

Black Beauty
Pride and Prejudice
Little House in the Big Woods
King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
Old Yeller
The Luckiest Girl
Where the Red Fern Grows
A Wrinkle in Time
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Good Night, Mr. Tom
War Horse
Dear Mr. Henshaw
Flush
All About Sam
Number the Stars
Absolutely Normal Chaos
The Giver
Walk Two Moons
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Saving Shiloh


adighe17's favorite books »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Bullying

        When I just started grade 4 I found out that I was the only girl in my grade 4 class that was in my grade 3 class. I knew I had to make new friends this year. The day before school starts is a meet the teacher day. On the meet the teacher day I found out that there was a new girl in my class and her name was _ _ _ _ _ _.  I thought she was 11 or 12 when I first saw her so I assumed that she was really smart. I know I want her in all of my groups this year. I am sure to get amazing grades thanks to _ _ _ _ _ _! 
        On the first day of school everyone wanted to meet the 11-12 year old who was actually only 8. People still thought she was smart until the end of the week. When the end of the week arrived everyone hated _ _ _ _ _ _. She was actually childish and not so smart. She was not good in P.E., music, drawing or art, math, writing, reading, science, social studies or language. Soon people started suggesting that she go to third grade where she was supposed to be. (she did year 3 which was grade 2 then went to grade 4 which is actually year 5.)
        
        After a month of grade 4 people started to make nicknames for _ _ _ _ _ _. They called her Medusa because of her hair and her face. They said that if anyone looks at her they will turn into elephant poop because that is what she looks and smells like. They also created a disease called _ _ _ _ _ _ deadlyoshious which is spread by anyone touching _ _ _ _ _ _.  Nobody touched her and if she went to the toilet that day they would wait until the cleaners have already been in there. 



        Because in Switzerland where she used to live it got pretty cold they could not do any outdoor sports so she was not good at P.E. At recess most of the people in my class would play capture the flag, or cops and robbers and the boys banned her from playing so that both teams have a fair chance of winning. 


        Soon nobody would talk to _ _ _ _ _ _, she would eat snack and lunch alone and spend recess with her book in the library. When some kids found out were she went at lunch time they would hide the library passes so she couldn't go to the library either. Then she would go to the gazebo with her book so the mean kids would pour water all over the gazebo floor so she couldn't go there either. They would make sure her life was miserable. This is still happening now in my old school. Now that _ _ _ _ _ _ is in Middle School she really is the youngest. The rumors and "jokes" are getting worse. Some of the boys started a rumor that _ _ _ _ _ _ stuffs her you know whats with tissues to make them look bigger and she walks around the school sticking her chest out when boys walk pass her hoping that they notice her.  _ _ _ _ _ _ complained to our teacher, the councilor for grade 3, 4, and 5 and her Mother talked to the vice principal about what was happening. For some reason nobody did anything. 


        I did not want to get involved with the _ _ _ _ _ _ situation in anyway, I did not want to bully or stand up for her incase I get in trouble for bullying or loose all my friends for being _ _ _ _ _ _'s friend. I didn't know what to do so I just pretended I had no idea what anyone was talking about. Now I really think I should have done something to help stop what was happening to _ _ _ _ _ _. If I ever see anything like this starting to happen to anybody in ISKL or any other school I go to I will make sure to do something about it before it is impossible to do anything about it.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment