Ash's Bookshelf

Ash's Bookshelf

Black Beauty
Pride and Prejudice
Little House in the Big Woods
King of the Wind: The Story of the Godolphin Arabian
Old Yeller
The Luckiest Girl
Where the Red Fern Grows
A Wrinkle in Time
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
Good Night, Mr. Tom
War Horse
Dear Mr. Henshaw
Flush
All About Sam
Number the Stars
Absolutely Normal Chaos
The Giver
Walk Two Moons
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Saving Shiloh


adighe17's favorite books »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

When I showed courage and faced my Fears

      When I was seven years old, I got chased down a hill by 3 angry dogs. That made me scared of all dog(except the small ones that fit in your handbags). It all started when I was riding my bike up the hill(my house was at the bottom of the hill). 
      My sister and I peddled up to the top and got off our bikes so we could turn around and race down. That is when someone who lives in the house at the top of the hill opened the gates and 3 dogs started barking. I thought the gates were closed so I kept on making faces and calling my sister slow because I knew I would win. Then I heard the barking get louder. I turned around and saw 3 huge angry dogs with saliva all over their mouth growling at me. My sister and I dropped our bikes and started running down the hill right into the dogfree gates of our house. Once we were in we started screaming at our security guard to close the gates.  After that day, I thought all big dogs were always angry and always have saliva all over their mouth and always enjoy chasing terrified little girls all the way back home. 
       Three years later, I was nearly ten and a half and I wanted a labrador PUPPY, not dog my dad told me he wanted a dog who can protect us because he is in work all day and goes on business trips sometimes so we went to a breeder to look at a doberman. Dobermans can become so big, they can become taller than regular humans on 2 feet. I just used my not so fabulous acting skills and pretended that big dogs are my favorite things. I did this only because I was new in KL and incase I didn't make any friends I will have a gorgeous little puppy to play with when I come home from school. I really wanted a dog very badly.
       When we went to see the doberman puppy I thought it was an adult because it up to my dad's knees! She was only 4 and a half months old! I continued pretending that dogs are no where near scary and I went up to her and patted her head. Then she jumped up on me and licked me right across my face. I thought she was eating me but I could still feel my face so I know nothing was wrong. After a while I realized that only those 3 dogs were angry, slobbery and scary and that this puppy is nice and innocent.  My daddy bought me the puppy, she came to our house the next weekend(sunday last of july 2009 at 5:14 pm). Now I am no longer scared or afraid of dogs. I can even play with my dogs teeth and she would not bite me.(only problem with that is then your hands smell of bad doggy breath!).

1 comment:

  1. I would of been scared too if 3 angry dogs were chasing me! I like how your font wasn't hard to read and it wasn't too big or too small. I also liked that the story wasn't boring. The first sentence already said what happened which was good since that got me excited and made me keep reading. I learned that you are a huge fan of dogs and that you have change a lot since you were chased down the hill.

    ReplyDelete